Thursday, April 07, 2005

Two years ago today...

I was on vacation in Vermont. My best girl friend and I were going for a ride, I get in her car and she says 'Oh let's listen to that cd I've been telling you about... you know that has the songs from CMT that we keep missing. I think you'll like it and I got you a copy if you do.'

So she pops it in... the guitar that now never fails to bring a smile in the worst of situations starts... and then 'Baby's just a little bit tired of the city... billboards and bullshit got her down...' ~ Carry On by Pat Green and the cd was Three Days. There are few moments in my life that I remember as vividly as that one. I had no idea even what it would bring into my life.

It was all I listened too for months. Every track just burned into my soul like no other album has done before. My friend that I would take on frequent roadtrips commented that never before had she gotten in my truck so many times and heard the same cd... what was going on? I couldn't explain it. Hell two years later I'm not sure that I can explain it even now. And I do still listen to that cd like I just heard it for the first time. If I'm in a funk... it'll bring me around back to happy again and in seconds even.

oh and fast forward 8 months from that day ~ I found a community of people who have embraced me and I mean ALL of me like no group I have been apart of before ever has. Not one day goes by anymore that I don't feel loved or special or important to someone (well someone over the age of 8) anyway.

So it may seem silly but I'll forget hearing it for the first time and I say a thank you everyday for all that day has now given me.

Lyrics today ~ Carry On by Pat Green and Walt Wilkins

...if you live your whole life up on a shelf, you got no one to blame but your own damn self ok all right, Heaven only knows what's gonna happen tonight, I'm Okay I'm alright ~ I'M OKAY.. I'M ALRIGHT OH CARRY ON...

No comments:

Post a Comment