Tuesday, April 12, 2005

The birthday plans are in motion...

and she's gonna be 9. How is that possible... I'm still 16 she can't be 9 next week ~ but she is. My mind doesn't work like most ~ I think 9 is a HUGE milestone. We are halfway there. Halfway to her being an adult or at least in the legal terms. I'm terrified. The first 9 years went by so very quickly. We didn't get nearly as much done as I had hoped... I don't know if there is enough time left to fit all in that I want to share with her.

This year it's soccer balls, skateboards and guitars. Those are the things she loves most in this world. and Me. The heartbreaks of this last year definetly chipped away at her innocence a little sooner than I was ready for. She wants to be a songwriter so if you are looking for a positive I guess it's that the experiences will help add meat to what she writes.

Well here's hoping I don't screw up the next 9 years any more than I did the last 9.

Today's Song is directly related to as my friend Christy would say 'good news' today ~

Eclipse by Pink Floyd


All that you touch
All that you see
All that you taste
All you feel.
All that you love
All that you hate
All you distrust
All you save.
All that you give
All that you deal
All that you buy,
beg, borrow or steal.
All you create
All you destroy
All that you do
All that you say.
All that you eat
And everyone you meet
All that you slight
And everyone you fight.
All that is now
All that is gone
All that's to come
and everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment