Friday, April 01, 2005

Joining the masses...

apparently everyone is now doing it. I don't have much to say and can't imagine that anyone will really read it but hey 'Follow the leader... he's a blogger'

So yesterday I was rid of a huge 'monkey on my back' that I should have dealt with a long time ago. A friendship that I once valued had turned into something not so healthy. I was not brave enough to do what was needed myself and perhaps the truest friend that I have ever had stood up for me like no one ever has before ~ Gage you are in fact my strength, Thank You just doesn't convey the gratitude that I feel.

I was supposed to be somewhere else today ~ in fact this whole upcoming weekend. I had to make a 'grown up' decision, which I hate. I have a habit of not always being the responsible '30 something' that I should be. Well I guess that is changing so that I will have a better life, a fuller life that is not so lonely. In making this choice, I have let down a friend that I love very much. I can only hope that she will understand, which she will because she is a true friend who wants me to find forever happiness and stop living in this state of limbo that I have been in for the last year or so.

After my children and close friends ~ Music is the most important thing in my life so I will end each entry with a lyric... sometimes my entire entry may be a song... one that I want people to hear... or one that fits my mood.

Song for today ~ Forever Young ~ written by Bob Dylan performed by Stoney LaRue ~ 'May God bless and keep you always, may your wishes all come true, may you always see the truth and the light surrounding you...'

2 comments:

  1. Look what I stumbled across! I love you Lori and you are in the right place today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard this the other day, This one's for you

    Pack up all your dishes.
    Make note of all good wishes.
    Say goodbye to the landlord for me.
    That son of a bitch has always bored me.
    Throw out them LA papers
    And that moldy box of vanilla wafers.
    Adios to all this concrete.
    Gonna get me some dirt road back street

    If I can just get off of this LA freeway
    Without getting killed or caught
    I'd be down that road in a cloud of smoke
    For some land that I ain't bought bought bought

    Here's to you old skinny Dennis
    Only one I think I will miss
    I can hear that old bass singing
    Sweet and low like a gift you're bringin'
    Play it for me just one more time now
    Got to give it all we can now
    I beleive everything your saying
    Just keep on, keep on playing

    If I can just get off of this LA freeway
    Without getting killed or caught
    I'd be down that road in a cloud of smoke
    For some land that I ain't bought bought bought

    And you put the pink card in the mailbox
    Leave the key in the old front door lock
    They will find it likely as not
    I'm sure there's somethin' we have forgot
    Oh Lori, don't you cry, babe
    Love's a gift that's surely handmade
    We've got something to believe in
    Dontcha' think it's time we're leavin'

    If I can just get off of this LA freeway
    Without getting killed or caught
    I'd be down that road in a cloud of smoke
    For some land that I ain't bought bought bought

    ReplyDelete