Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Brownies for breakfast...

in bed even ~ just me and my girl. The smile was more than I could have hoped for. I got up early and put the number 9 candle in them, grabbed one of her gifts, tip toed in her room and softly sang Happy Birthday to wake her. We sat on her bed together ate brownies and she opened her first gift. She told me tonight this was her best birthday ever. Which is saying something because there wasn't a big party today at all ~ that's on Saturday ~ it was just a series of little things all day to make her feel special... mission accomplished.

Ok so as my child gets older well damn so do I ~ don't like how that works. In an attempt to recapture time gone by I dug up some music that I hadn't listened to in a while. I came across a song that I just adore and hadn't heard in forever. Today's lyrics are from that song Run Around by Blues Traveler and its for a friend who told me they weren't going to read my blog that way if I want to vent about them I can well that's just silly and I hope you change your mind 'cause this reminds me of us ~

And as we seek so shall we find
And when you're feeling open I'll still be here
But not without a certain degree of fear
Of what will be with you and me
I still can see things hopefully

No comments:

Post a Comment