Wednesday, April 13, 2005

OKOM... is like air

Christy said I should add that to my GW sig ~ and for me it's true. To simply sustain my life I need three things everyday... air... water and my music. It's that vital. It keeps me focused, grounded, it brings peace to a tumultuous mind.

The worst day in the world can be turned around by a song for me. Okay maybe not turned around, but for a few minutes I can forget about it OR be reminded that even though at that moment all seems lost or unmanageable that the reality is ~ I'll get through whatever and be stronger for it.

The best days are amplified and have their own soundtrack. A song will bring the memory of the day back so vividly that I almost re-live it over again.

My moods can be instantly determined by the music coming from my player at any given time. My moods can be altered by the music that is coming from my player at any given time.

I was randomly looking for something and came upon this quote and pretty much Yeah... I can in fact wrap my mind around this possiblity as absurd as it may seem to some.


"You see, eventually your music will help put an end to war and poverty, it will align the planets and bring them into universal harmony, allowing meaningful contact with all forms of life."
--George Carlin (Rufus) in Bill 'n' Teds Excellent Adventure


Lyrics for today ~ Anyway by O.A.R

..something always comes from the music anyway
came into my life and it stole me blues away
oh, my stereo is my best friend every day
and this music is my blood

No comments:

Post a Comment