Sunday, April 10, 2005

I have been wrestling...

with a request of sorts that was made of me yesterday. I was asked to open up to the possiblity of falling in love with someone and accepting their love in return. I have known this person for over two and a half years. We just started really talking and getting to know each other about seven months ago. We have both been through similar heart breaks and are trying to figure out what is left when forever ends.

He's very kind and caring. His tone when asking for a chance was one of frustration because he has been trying to break down my wall for awhile now and it is just about impenetrable. I think he likes the idea of being smooth but that wasn't working. It was surprisingly nice to be asked and not have him just give up. I am actually surprised at the length of time that I have spent thinking about what this would mean for me. When I said never again, I believed that I don't have anything to give anyone else. I don't know that I do... but I'll say this it is nice that someone thinks I might.

So my lyrics today Crush by Dave Matthews Band ~

Lovely lady I will treat you sweetly
adore you I mean you crush me
and it's times like these when my faith I feel...

No comments:

Post a Comment