Saturday, April 02, 2005

Date Night...

It's a Saturday night and I had a date. We sat on the couch ~ all three of us, ate taquitos, had some ice cream and watched Johnny Depp get slimed at the end of the Kid's Choice Awards. It's nights like tonight that erase all the difficult moments and questions about whether or not I'm doing right by them. It was the first time in a long time that my girl smiled a real ~ carefree smile.

I adore my children. We have so much fun together. There is so much I want to share with them and teach them that I am terrified everyday that my time with them is running out and I wouldn't have gotten everything in.

Today's Lyrics are from Tangled Up Puppet by Harry Chapin ~

And I'm a tangled up puppet all hanging in your strings
I'm a butterfly in a spider's web fluttering my wings

And the more that I keep dancing and spinning round in knots
The more I see what I used to be and the less of you I've got...

No comments:

Post a Comment