Saturday, April 16, 2005

It's the other 355 days...

that really count ~ not the 10 that he upsets you. How brilliant is THAT? I was talking to a friend about how my BEST FRIEND (no quotation marks ~ random but purposeful) hurt me.

Basically the point is that relationships need to be based on the whole of what you receive from them. If there are 355 days with smiles and only 10 days of tears... it's a keeper and likewise the converse... if you are crying more often than laughing it's time to move on from that relationship. Seems simple but sometimes the simple things are the hardest to see I guess especially for someone like me who OVERTHINKS everything.

I was given a test of sorts last week. I have thought about it a lot since it was given to me. I had never seen it before or heard of it and it might just be old news to many people but it's a Love Test of sorts. Basically there are five expressions of love and you are to put them in order of importance 1 being most 5 being the least. I did this test and have been thinking about it all week. So my thought is this, I think we should all carry our preferences around kind of like business cards. You can hand them out to those you feel are going to be important in your life and not just in romantic relationships but in friendships heck my family could stand to read my list I think even. It would be so much easier in the long run for all involved for everyone to know how you best receive love. So for those that don't know it ~ I'll post them for you and yeah in my order even.

1. Acts of Service
2. Quality of Time
3. Gifts
4. Physical Contact
5. Words of Affection

Lyrics today are from Refuge by John Legend ~

You know and I know
Friends come and friends go
Storms rise and winds blow
But one thing I know for sure

When it's cold outside
There's no need to worry cuz
I'm so warm inside
You give me peace
When the storm's outside

2 comments:

  1. all that matters is that its' better now 'cause we work through our stuff and it's all good now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:04 PM

    "The 5 Love Languages" by Gary Chapman. Don't forget!

    ReplyDelete