Tuesday, July 05, 2005

One of the things…

I pride myself in is that I don’t share other people’s stories ~ I will admit I’ve slipped up in that area once that I can think of in a way that was slightly hurtful but all involved ‘got out ok’ and apologies were made and accepted and the friendship endured…

I am trusted by a lot of my friends to keep confidences and I think that they trust me because I have proven that I don’t tell their stories, I let them do that and I will choose to share mine ~ this has worked really well for me and I know it’s appreciated ~ so a recent situation has been weighing too heavily on my mind and heart so I’m putting it here and hoping that I will be able to resolve it.

The whole point was to NOT betray anyone ~ information was made known to me… I shared it with someone that I was concerned would think I had betrayed them which would have translated to others that I would never EVER betray that maybe I couldn’t be trusted and that was not acceptable… I only gave enough information to fix a potential problem ~ the whole thing made me very uncomfortable and I have made that known to everyone…

Does that make sense as you are reading it… I know I have not explained it well in conversation ~ I would not… have not… will NOT ever betray you ~ it’s not who I am or what I do… especially not with you ok ~ good can we be done with it now?

ok... definetly forgot an important addition to my iPod...

Shower the People... James Taylor

'You can play the game and you can act out the part,
even though you know it wasn't written for you.
Tell me, how can you stand there with your broken heart ashamed of playing the fool?
One thing can lead to another; it doesn't take any sacrifice.
Oh, father and mother, sister and brother, if it feels nice, don't think twice,
just shower the people you love with love, show them the way that you feel.
Things are gonna work out fine if you only will do as I say, just
shower the people you love with love, show them the way you feel.
Things are gonna be much better if you only will.'

1 comment:

  1. great lyrics - gonna have to give it a listen.. and I have another "greatness of music" I MUST share with you! maybe tonight over gilmore girls and a bottle of wine.. I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete