Saturday, July 09, 2005

i hide a lot...

in my life ~ both physically and just by keeping my mouth shut a lot and not saying what i really feel.... mostly just 'cause the people that should be listening wouldn't hear it anyway so i choose to keep that energy for a fight that is more worthy

however for some reason... i recently decided to not hide and to make known how i felt about a situation ~ in all honesty i was in fact disappointed with the initial reaction... but see that is another thing about my life ~ no one that i truly care about lives within 1500 miles of me... so it's not always easy to know what is going on with everyone no matter how many phone calls or emails or im time... nothing is like true face time

well i talked to my friend for the first time in weeks yesterday and i'm not at all disappointed in a thing ~ turns out their life went crazy for a bit and while i get slightly saddened that i wasn't able to hold a hand through it... i could hear the genuine relief in happiness in our conversation ~ the weight of the world has lifted a bit probably for the first time since we've known each other even

so this just reinforces my 'no regrets' policy ~ sometimes it just takes a little longer to see the lesson and understand why some things work the way that they do... i'm in this life for the long haul as much as i enjoy and crave instant gratification i have learned that the best rewards do in fact come over time and are savored with patience...

Held On True ~ O.A.R..... someone has ALWAYS said it better than me

'i said but lately i've been feeling mighty old
i said the sun has got me cracked
this wind has got me cold
and i'm so damn tired of losing my friends
every single time i go and lose my ends
i say but that's ok, i'm on my way
i don't appear here but maybe i'll end up that way
and in awhile when i realize there's something new
but until then i gotta hold on true
hold on true ah, hold on true, hold on true
i'd love to hold on to you...'

so from my favorite boys from Maryland for my favorite Maryland friend today... this was all for you

5 comments:

  1. thank you for that ~ and my new next plan is to figure out how to 'link' the pages i read so i would be honored if you put me on yours and hopefully i will be able to do the same later this week with your permission of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:45 PM

    Sounds like you just need to move to Texas. Then you could see me a whole lot more. Peace, Love, and Xanax.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:32 PM

    Gage wants to be like me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:07 PM

    No Gage wants to be like me.

    ReplyDelete