Friday, July 01, 2005

'cause you keep...

keep bringing it up ~ so now i'm flooded with memories and need to put them somewhere so here you go ~ and BLAH on your i told you so stuff later... u love it an u know it!

my reaction when they said...we had to wait for you ~ not a good one I'll admit it... i've told you before i was scared of you ~ well the way you were posting and all back then ~ i was looking for a happy, funfilled weekend and from what i had read that was just not at all in your life at that time well that changed in about five seconds ~ i don't think i even believed you were the same person ~ and i called you on it after we had that awkward moment of mexicans with no pants... i don't think you knew what to do standing there with me... although after the intial awkward moment we laughed so freakin' hard everyone else thought we were insane... i told you that night that if you ever tried to pull that sad crap ever again i was gonna do all i could to remind you how much fun life can be I have been successful in that area if NONE other ~ YOU HAVE TO GIVE ME THAT

without a doubt you have been the biggest surprise ever in my life and it was a year ago that you walked in that door ~ oh yeah and left 'we all KNOW why you are leaving'... i've never laughed at a meal as hard as we did at Hill's and sorry a year later watched the video AGAIN this morning even ~ it does in fact suk we will be 85 debating that fact i can see it now, actually you know when i saw it was at the Clubhouse show when you sat in your plate of food and i was wiping it up... totally had a flashforward moment... we were on an old farmhouse front porch a bunch of family and friends around us and we were still taking care of each other in the elderly state that we were in best of friends forever to the end that's what we have promised and i believe it ~ you held my hand my friend through the darkest hours before an even darker dawn, you helped me see the error of my actions and even stood up for me when I couldn't any more

and as far as the rest of that weekend... and the friends... the circles (and circular objects that were discussed at RRIH ;) ) and the queso and the dream come true 'tacos & beer' ~ chubbies... to tears through Wave on Wave and the best fireworks to Stevie Ray and Ray Charles... Jack signatures on bandana's... Bud guyin' knowing I was the GW girl from CA my face on that one was classic i'm sure... Austin Koozies... press spots on TV....

i couldn't have painted or scripted it better and i still reap the rewards of it all each and everyday... thank you all for taking this quirky yankee into your lives and your hearts

and for my love... 'cause you are


'By the way... by your side i'll stay... if that's ok... then by your side i'll stay FOREVER...'

Clumsy Card House... Blue October

10 comments:

  1. yeah, we love him... I think he's pretty darn fabulous, and I just got tears in my eyes remebering thru your memories...

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! What a day that was... love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't even want to think where i would be today without my 'sisters' ~ :lori: x a hundred for you both thank you for adopting me as yours

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. You wrote that weekend better than I ever could have remembered it. That was the best weekend of the year, hands down. I love you my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:32 AM

    I am not sure there has EVER been anyone that has said such nice things about me before. Your post made me look back on this past year. If you do research, and find the largest, most insane rollercoaster at any amusement park in the world, it still would not compare to the one I have been on this year. I was also thinking, when all the sad stuff was happening to me, and I was in and out of doctors offices getting every drug you can think of, I stopped taking all of that right after meeting you. No more Xanax, no more Effexor, no more drugs that I will not name...I started "taking" Lori. You are my anti depressant (fuck you Tom Cruise..hee hee), you are my Xanax (where the hell have you been lately), you are my drug I take that makes me forget it all. I love you.

    And you remember too much detail. Even I forgot that I sat in my dinner at the clubhouse. Wonder why, wasnt nervous at all was I?:-)

    Wanna hear my million dollar idea anybody? Lori? Elaine?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:34 AM

    Oh yeah! And here's to the toilets that laugh at you as you finish your "business."

    ReplyDelete
  7. that idea would cost me a million to bail your butt out of jail ~ ;)

    still waiting on a dial to hear that 'laughter'

    and believe me... no one is more sorry than me that i've not been as there for you as i normally am... i think we have worked the 'kinks' out though ~ i love you ~ and i don't forget a thing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe Michael Jackson wants to hear your "million dollar idea." ;) And as for that toilet, all I can say is..."cause I got high, cause I got high, cause I got high!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:34 PM

    I could hardly drive to Hills that day cause of Elaine laughing. I have never heard anyone laugh that hard!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I blame JP. I blame him completely.

    ReplyDelete