Thursday, July 21, 2005

old made new again...

both for real and through the eyes of my babies ~ a Drive In to see the new Charlie and the Chocolate Factory... the kids loved the drive in... whoever thought it was a better idea to move films inside... has forgotten what it was like to be 9 in your pj's with a corn dog ~ and Tim Burton and Johnny Depp did what i thought not possible and went into very skeptical... they changed enough to give it a life of its own and kept enough of the original to be true to the story

it was a great night to be a kid and a mom ~ AT THE SAME TIME even in my world tonight ;)

The Candyman... ok so this was missed a bit

'who can take a sunrise
sprinkle it in dew
cover it in chocolate
and a miracle or two?

the candyman
the candyman can
the candyman can cause he mixes it with love
and makes the world taste good...'

2 comments:

  1. I, too have never been to a drive-in movie theater... I think they still have one in Lubbock, but yeah, kinda a FAR drive... lol... I'm so glad y'all got to do this! Hopefully I will be going to the IMAX on Sunday to see this movie.. one of those I ahve been waiting
    EONS for!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents used to take us to the drive-in all the time when I was younger. Those are some great memories! Glad you got to make some for your babies!

    I love you! :)

    ReplyDelete