Saturday, June 11, 2005

We may be...

in our *choke* mid 30's but the reality is still.... given a 'night off' we are 16 and silly. I love that! It's nice to walk in and have the 'boys' look at us and that smile of recognition and then first break there are hugs and smooches and quick conversations 'cause there is never enough time. Is it me or did they play a little better after they knew for sure someone was really listening? They are no different either.... in their 30s... 40s... 50s even, yet they take the stage and do the thing that holds on to their youth so unlike their day jobs at the the power plant or garage.

I am grateful that no matter how silly we get under that there is something that keeps us all from totally losing our grip. That's the maturity factor that separates us from when we were in fact 16.

we have a few that they throw out to us... this one fits best today

Cherry Bomb ~ John Mellancamp

'Seventeen has turned thirty-five
I´m surprised that we´re still livin´
if we´ve done any wrong
I hope that we´re forgiven
Got a few kids on my own
And some days I still don´t know
What to do
I hope that they´re not laughtin´ too
Loud, when they hear me talkin´ like this to you

That´s when sport was a sport
And groovin´ was groovin´
and dancin´ meant everything
We were young and we were improvin´
laughtin´ laughtin´ with our friends
Holding hands meant so much baby
Outside the club cherry bomb
Where our hearts were really thumpin´
say yeah yeah yeah
Say yeah yeah yeah'

No comments:

Post a Comment