Monday, June 27, 2005

I'm not one to be...

all Sally in a restaurant ~ you remember the movie 'i want mayo but on the side' and you know that kind of person I'm talking about takes an item from the menu and doctor's it up until it really is nothing like what it reads on the menu. Well after the last few days I have a whole new appreciation for not being that person. Did you even know that you could in fact choose between a male and female lobster ~ huh? Seriously you can tell the difference... i don't know...

Here is what I do know... it's on the menu that way... it's in the computer that way... the chef's prep'd it that way... just order it that way or stay home... and fix it yourself or try Burger King they advertise that they will make it your way ~ I'm new and slow and not at all comfortable yet... so have patience, order what's on the menu, as it's on the menu ~ You do that... and I promise to not trip and spill your drink order on you 'cause I'm so flustered I missed the little step down into the dining area. We'll get along just fine!

Sorry if I've offended anyone I love... you know just venting here training for the new job has opened up my eyes to a whole new world its nothing personal at all!

And of course... I have a song that runs through my mind....

'Smile like you mean it
Smile like you mean it...'

by The Killers

5 comments:

  1. just so you know, I like the way you come on the menu - would never change a thing about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You want to eat lori?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:22 PM

    Could never do that job, completely feel for you, sorry! It'll get better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, the wonderful world of food service... smile, nod and then spit in their food... LOL!

    ReplyDelete