Wednesday, June 29, 2005

and I forgot that...

i was one of the 'chosen' ones ~ duh.... the expectations that are placed on you should you leave this small town ~ that very much resembles the shire if you are a LOTR fan ~ are huge and i don't measure up, which again is not at all a cry for love from those that do in fact love and know me ~ what i mean is that no one leaves this small town not really anyway so if you do when you come back it's almost like you are in fact Frodo or Sam and all want to hear about this BIG life when the reality is i haven't been on some great quest to destroy a ring... i have no epic tales to tell ~ life is the same it's just where you chose to live it ~ my daily hassles don't involve shoveling snow or dirt road ditches or loose cows 'cause one didn't cross with the rest, but LA traffic to me is as much of a hassle as getting the cow in the barn is to Mr. Morse with the dairy down the road.

i guess my point... i was feeling like a bit of a failure last night 'cause i don't have any great adventures to speak of, but my trip to Palm Springs to play in the desert with friends and see Pat... is equivalent in prospective to Cindy and Chad camping at Mt. Washington and riding the alpine slide ~ sorry to those that thought life in LA means that i lunch on Sunset with Chris and Kate or that i shop with Drew on Rodeo... i don't ~ i've been to both places i'm not impressed much so i stay closer to home and grab orders 'to go' from Corrales and shop at Old Navy it just makes sense even though it may not be all that exciting

in other news... for my babies the adventures continue today it was Friendly's ice cream sundaes and driving around in the loudest, hardest, COOLEST thunderstorm they have ever witnessed

'i bless the hard rain that came to free my soul...' ~ Gypsy Wild by Bleu Edmondson and Rusty Weir

felt that today for sure

5 comments:

  1. i am quite relieved to know you dont lunch with Chris and Kate, nor shop with Drew. they are quite boring i hear and arent worthy of your company :O)

    and loud thunderstorms ARE the coolest ever....i wish we could have a couple down here like we use to get.... its hot AND dry.

    i love you lori.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so you don't have to destroy a ring, but you have a pretty awesome "Circle of Friends".... And that my friend, is your biggest adventure! No Doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep forgetting...we have the same weather now. LOVE THAT! Storms today were messy, weren't they?

    Don't feel bad, Lori. It's like that in every small town, I still get it when I go back home and I only live an hour away.
    You should tell them all about our adventures in Texas.
    You know...trips to Waco in the rain, hoe cakes at 3 am, mid afternoon phone calls on the highway, oh...and the music. Don't forget about the music. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Friendly's? I love that damn place...bring me back one of those ready-made sundae cups...damnit now im hungry...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not to mention the gifts she receives when she's down here! If that's not excitement, I don't know what is!! LOL! ;o)

    ReplyDelete