Saturday, June 04, 2005

Can't possibly pick...

one favorite. Thought I could even said it today '.... is my favorite band.' Well while I love them and some days they are, other days another steps up and I am reminded why I love them. I just had a random cd on and *sigh* Dave Matthews... oh right love them TOO...

I've always called Dave Matthews Band my 'ear candy' ~ do you get that? It's like so much great stuff and then lyrics that are fresh and original and yeah ~ "the space between the bullets in our fire fight is where I'll be hiding waiting for you...' I LOVE THAT... and they do things with their lyrics like that all the time... and musically, I'm typically a lyrics fiend, they have to fit with the music but seriously the right words can make the music better for me. The beauty of a DMB song is that it's all great and there is so much... the bass intro on Crush... the flute in Say Goodbye... I could go on and on... just love Dave Matthews Band. (oh and I've broke my own rule a few times now... what the hell that's the beauty of rules and I have no discipline in my life so it works...)

so a few that I think are just great... several from DMB

'When we make our passion pictures
You and me twist up secret creatures
' ~ Say Goodbye

'Celebrate we will
Because life is short but sweet for certain' ~ Two Step

'Just love will open our eyes
Just love will put the hope in our minds' ~ Pig

'Are you looking for answers, to questions under the stars?
If along the way you are growing weary,
you can rest with me until a brighter day' ~ Where Are You Going




1 comment:

  1. And my fav from DMB is "Satellite" - lovely.

    ReplyDelete