Sunday, May 01, 2005

Just over a year ago...

I lost my mind.

Well sort of... just over a year ago I had the worst panic/anxiety attack ever. This resulted in a friend offering to help me through a situation that I was truly terrified to even contemplate. It had a benefit to her as well as she would get to see someone she hadn't seen in a long time. It's a really long story and not a very good one.

Today however, I realized what the impact of situation has been on my life. It's just more proof that sometimes really amazing things can come from just terrible circumstances.

I know without question that everything happens for a reason. It may take years sometimes to understand something, but if you are like me and overthink everything, it will all eventually make sense ~ and if it doesn't you can make it make sense.

I feel better now than I did a year ago. I am no longer medicated. I haven't had an anxiety attack in weeks ~ which is a good thing. I am getting healthy again ~ lost 8 lbs in the last month. I have more good days than bad ones. I have more smiles than tears. I'm getting back on the right track again. Taking a very deep breath and exhaling slowly...


another song I love ~ Sitting on Top of the World ~ The Lost Trailers

Looking out on these back streets that you brought me
all I see has been bought kept for safety
trade the rift of the change for the landing
save the light for the few that's left standing

I tried to tell you... these are the good times
guess we'll find out... down the line

Walkin out used to be so easy
close the door while the light was still fading
but those times seem to fade into memories
and bring us here while those streets are left sleeping

You tried to tell me... these are the good times
guess we'll find out... down the line

It's what we left behind
it's what we find inside
so what is on your mind
now that we're wasted...

sitting on top of the world

ok yeah ~ just LOVE that song *sigh*

1 comment: