Tuesday, May 03, 2005

"Shake the wall...

you've got to make it bend" ~ the genius of Blue October. The thing is I love that line. I think it's the key to life. People being able to compromise for each other. People willing to not be rigid but to be open minded about all the possibilites that life has to offer.

However, my wall ~ the thought of letting it down, about letting someone 'in' to see me frightens me more than anything. I try but my cynicism steps in and I am reminded of all the pain that has come before and how well protected I am right now. It took a long time to build, it is very strong and I'm very comfortable behind it.

But lately I have been peeking over the top and the promise of what could be definetly intrigues me. The question is do I trust myself enough to take it down?

I was going to use this song for a different reason but it fits for well just about everything today ~ I'm Like a Bird by Nelly Furtado

It's not that I wanna say goodbye
It's just that every time you try to tell me that you love me
Each and every single day I know
I'm going to have to eventually give you away
And though my love is rare
And though my love is true
Hey I'm just scared
That we may fall through

I'm like a bird, I'll only fly away
I don't know where my soul is, I don't know where my home is...

No comments:

Post a Comment