Monday, May 09, 2005

The exception to the rule...

I made a few rules for myself when I started this blog... and one was that I was going to chose a different artist to post lyrics from everyday.

Well today, I'm posting the exception because I think that this song is needed by well EVERYONE, but in particular by a friend who reads my blog and needs all I can give...

In my opinion Walt Wilkins is an artistic genius... I had heard this live via cell... and am very happy that I have now been able to hear the whole thing in its entirety. Walt has truly taken the low out of lonely with this...

Angel's Share by Walt Wilkins ~

When you walk between the barrels
That sweet smell is everywhere
The oak is soaking up the whiskey
But there’s just so much that old wood can bare
You can almost taste it
The way it’s hanging in the air
But it ain’t being wasted
It’s going somewhere

It’s headed straight to heaven
That’s the angel’s share

Oh mercy, think of all the things they see
Why wouldn’t they need a shot or two?
Just like you and me

Cause’ they’ve seen your heart get broken
At least a thousand times
They’ve felt the sting of every tear
Even those tears you couldn’t cry
So when you keep ‘em to yourself
Cause’ you think nobody cares
Your pain ain’t being wasted
It’s going somewhere

Yea it’s headed straight for heaven
And that’s the angel share

Oh mercy, think of all the things they’ve seen
Still they’re not afraid to cry the tears
That we just can’t set free

So when you think nobody’s listening
To your silent midnight prayers
Well not one is being wasted
No, they’re going somewhere


They’re headed straight to heaven
And that’s the angel share

Oh mercy, think of all the things they’ve seen
They’ve got every right to give up
On the likes of you and me
With all they hope and prayers and pain and whiskey
We send sailing through the air
We must keep ‘em awful busy
With all these crosses that we bare

So God bless them for taking
Yea, God bless them for taking
The angel’s share
That’s the angel’s share…..

No comments:

Post a Comment