Friday, May 06, 2005

From 16 to 33...

in a blink of an eye I swear... The friend I have had through that entire time is on her way to spend the weekend with me. Between us we have four kids and we are all going to play hard all weekend!

She made another comment the other night asking me when I was going to 'feel' 33 'cause she does. Her wish for me is that I find a place to feel settled ~ I have a tendency to get the itch to move every three years.

I don't know that I will ever feel that way, and I'm not really sure I want to. I mean finding a place to put down my roots and for my babies to grow up that we can call home, I am all for that. But, I don't like the idea of feeling settled at all.
I want to always feel a bit on the edge, ready for a new adventure. I never want my couch to be more comfortable than my truck.

She dedicated Wind Beneath My Wings to me at her wedding ~ so why not and it fit us she was the star of the school play and I was in charge of props...

So I was the one with all the glory,
while you were the one with all the strength.
A beautiful face without a name -- for so long,
a beautiful smile to hide the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment