Wednesday, May 04, 2005

"An enthusiastic devotee"

is the definition of Fan in Webster's Dictionary. My mind was working overtime today. One of the things that plagues me a bit is 'what am I going to be when I grow up' ~ because I just don't really have a clue what my "calling" is. I think that being a fan just might be it.

So, I was talking to my 'forever' friend ~ we have been friends for almost 20 years. We don't see each other all the time but we do our best to keep in touch. She made the comment that "...everyone that you 'touch' wants to be around you as much as they can ~ it has always been that way." Well that was running around in my head all morning along with everything else and all of a sudden it hit me...

I'm really good a being a 'fan' whether it is my favorite artist at the moment... my favorite movie... favorite food... or my favorite people. I think I'm really good at showing that I do truly care about the things that I think are good and positive. If I call you friend, I try really hard to make sure you know how special you are in my life. If I enjoy your music... I share that with as many people as I can all the time. A movie ~ I encourage all to see it... I send books I love to others that I think will too after I've finished them... you get the point.

I'm not going to cure cancer or build a better mousetrap. But I can already see that I do spread smiles and make people happy ~ thats a fine accomplishment and if I can do that for the rest of my life well I will have left this world a better place in the end.

so new favorite song is called Collide by Howie Day and this is my favorite part...

Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills your mind
You finally find
You and I collide

2 comments:

  1. Stalker fan. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha... you would know... being my partner in stalkin' and all

    ReplyDelete