Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Because he liked me…

not to get all 'Sally Field' ~ but truly… I’ve always known that those that are legally required to do so… love me ~ however I’m not very well liked or understood by any of them and that’s understandable I’m not like them at all and never have been…

then came this man that asked me very specfically ‘Lori, besides your kids… what are you passionate about?’ and when I told him he listened… he more than listened actually he wanted me to share my passion with him ~ this isn’t sexual just for the record…

anyway ~ I made him a cd… I told him my stories of the shows that I would go to… and again he listened and shared in my enthusiasm and encouraged me to always follow my passions with extreme fervor as life is short and should be lived

he did live ~ truly lived his life and he was taken from us much too soon and I miss him everyday and I want him back because too much was left unsaid, unrepaired, unforgiven, unthanked…

it’s quite possible that in his passing he may again give me the gift to be able to follow my dreams with a clean slate ~ I’ve been told that I should in fact allow this to happen and I’m probably going to… and I only hope that he will always look down and be proud of how I’m living my life…

1 comment:

  1. Everyone needs someone like that. I just told a girl last night about what dreams I working towards, and I know I am liked and loved for being myself around her and the rest of the "group". There is no judgement on brand names, or what his name was the night before. I'm loved and like for just being me as long as I am.

    I'm so glad your friend was there for you to share your joy with. Just know that he was one door, and you have many more to open! How exciting is that going to be! New discovery=new happiness

    ReplyDelete