Monday, November 21, 2005

a few reasons i just love LOTR...

'I was there the day the strength of men failed.' ~ Elrond

'I made a promise, Mr Frodo. A promise. Don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee. And I don't mean to. I don't mean to. ' ~ Sam

'Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.' ~ Galadriel

'The Quest stands upon the edge of a knife. Stray but a little, and it will fail, to the ruin of all. Yet hope remains while the Company is true.' ~ Galadriel

'Come on Sam... Remember what Bilbo used to say: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to... ' ~ Frodo

'I can't do this Sam.' ~ Frodo
'I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something.' ~ Sam
'What are we holding on to Sam?' ~ Frodo
'That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo and it's worth fighting for.' ~ Sam

'I wonder if we'll ever be put into songs or tales.' ~ Sam
'What?' ~ Frodo
'I wonder if people will ever say, 'let's hear about Frodo and the Ring.' And they'll say 'yes, that's one of my favorite stories. Frodo was really courageous, wasn't he, Dad?' 'Yes, my boy, the most famousest of hobbits. And that's saying alot.' ~ Sam
' You left out one of the chief characters - Samwise the Brave. I want to hear more about Sam. Frodo wouldn't got far without Sam.' ~ Frodo
'Now Mr. Frodo, you shouldn't make fun; I was being serious.' ~ Sam
'So was I.' ~ Frodo
'Samwise the Brave...' ~ Sam

'I bring word from Lord Elrond of Rivendell. An Alliance once existed between Elves and Men. Long ago we fought and died together. We come to honor that allegiance.' ~ Haldir
'Mae govannen, Haldir. You are most welcome.' ~ Aragorn
'We are proud to fight alongside Men once more.' ~ Haldir

'Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that will take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails. When we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields and when the age of me comes crashing down, but it is not this day. This day we fight. For all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you, stand Men of the West.' ~ Aragorn

'I never thought I'd die side by side with an Elf.' ~ Gimli
'What about side by side with a friend?' ~ Legolas
'Aye. I could do that.' ~ Gimli

'You can't help me anymore.' ~ Frodo
'You can't mean that.' ~ Sam
'Go home.' ~ Frodo

'Don't go where I can't follow.' ~ Sam

'It's me. It's your Sam. Don't you know your Sam?' ~ Sam

'I will not say, "Do not weep," for not all tears are evil.' ~ Gandalf

'No my friends... you bow to no one' ~ Aragorn

'I'm glad to be with you, Samwise Gamgee... here, at the end of all things' ~ Frodo



ok i could watch those three movies over and over... for always... we all should be so lucky to have our very own Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment