Wednesday, November 23, 2005

another thing i just LOVE...

Thanksgiving... may yours be blessed, may you be surrounded by peace, love and warmth...

i couldn't have predicted the events of the last year had i even attempted to last Thanksgiving... however looking back today ~ i think i've come out of it all a bit better than ok and to those that listened to me and held my hand through it all ~ Gage, Jocelyn, Heather, Eric, Brandon, Christy, Renee, Meg... i can NOT express to you enough the love that i have for you all or the strength that you gave me... i am truly blessed to be loved by each of you

i'm not at all sure why but this Folk song has always felt like Thanksgiving to me...

It's In Everyone of Us ~ David Pomerantz (best performed by John Denver and the Muppets)

It's in everyone of us
to be wise
find your heart
open up both your eyes,
we can all know everything
without ever knowing why,
it's in everyone of us
by and by ...

it's in everyone of us
i just remembered
it's like i been sleeping for years,
i'm not awake as i can be
but my seeing is better,
i can see ...
through the tears,
i've been realizing that,
i bought this ticket
and watching only half of the show,
there is scenery and lights
and a cast of thousands,
who all know
what I know,
and it's good
that it's so ..

it's in everyone of us
to be wise
find your heart
open up both your eyes,
we can all know everything
without ever knowing why,
it's in everyone of us
by and by,
it's in everyone of us
by and by..

3 comments:

  1. I love you, Lori!!! I'm blessed to know you and love you and be loved in return. i hope you and your babies have the most blessed Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:17 AM

    You listen to the muppets????

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you too sweetie.

    I was just thinking about this while in my kitchen starting preparations for tomorrow. I remembered how much you love Thanksgiving and was thinking about how you spent it last year.

    I hope you have a wonderful day with your family, and if they are a little too much to take, you are always welcome at my house.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete