Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Someday I want...

to be picked last for the team... and asked first to the prom by someone who wants to go with me ~ sophomore year i was asked to the prom BUT it was only because the girl he wanted to go with had a boyfriend and there was a plot of ditching dates... etc very VERY high school b.s ~ i said yes then when i realized what was going on... cancelled and went to the beach

slightly juvenile analogy but the question of who i was in high school... 'bring your yearbook' has been tossed around at work... UMM NO not gonna do that but in the context of the rest of my life this fits

i have never had a problem fitting in... always been 'one of the guys' and can hold my own on any kind of playing field... i just can't dance

but that doesn't mean i don't want to be asked and i'm even gonna be this particular ~ i want to be the first choice and not a backup plan

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:54 AM

    AH HA......I finally found you!! I've been catching up reading your blog!! If you don't already have it....you must Fates Right Hand - Rodney Crowell

    This Too Will Pass

    When the winds of change hit hard & knock you off your guard
    And you find out there's a serpent in the grass
    Though forked tongues might speak if truth is what you seek
    This too will pass

    When you're all tied up in knots & your friends are taking shots
    And the sun comes up & kicks you in the ass
    When you re stumbling down the stairs & you feel like you're on trial
    This too will pass

    Sometimes you've gotta go down the middle of the road
    Where compromise puts speed bumps in your path
    If you know what you won't let no one say you don t
    This too will pass

    When you gotta crawl through the middle of it all
    But don't compromise your heart for something crass
    When everything you do just feels like nothing new
    This too will pass

    When you're all locked up in pain be careful who you blame
    This too will pass

    BIG HUGS to you Lori!! Bleu's live album is #1 on Lonestarmusic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!!! and yes, Rodney Crowell's cd is AWESOME! LoriLoo, listen to Mama... she's pretty smart, I've found out! Love you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh... my sweet wendy... i was so afraid that you didn't know where to find me ~ i'm glad you did... i will get that... and of course... OF COURSE your boy's new album is on it's way to me... he needs a New England tour ;)

    just let him know... i'm not his only fan in California anymore... but i'm definetly his biggest fan in Vermont

    we were listening to 'Southland' today and my son got all excited 'Mama... did that man just say train in that song?' ~ it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:39 PM

    I need your new address.....Bleu has assigned me as his street team leader.....good god???? I have put together a database & noticed a CA address for you.....need your new one!! pls send me your address WEDMONDSON@SCOTIA-GROUP.COM if you still want to be involve in the street team!!
    Boys are the SWEETEST ever.....I DO want to warn you though.....they grow up WAY TOO FAST....absorb, relish every moment as I (I capitalize mine & you should too!!) know they tend to forget us once they have their freedom.....but I promise YOU are the 1st one they will call at 4 in the morning........

    ReplyDelete