Monday, November 13, 2006

so it started with Pat...

as i've covered here before on more than one occasion ~ actually that isn't even completely true i was a music lover before Pat... but Pat opened my world to a whole new listening experience ~ i've always been a fan of singer/songwriters... Harry Chapin... James Taylor... Bruce Springsteen... the Eagles... Creedence... Jim Croce... Paul Simon... Bob Dylan ~ they all laid my foundation and when that's where you start well in my opinion you are solid

from Pat i was inundated with oh you have to hear 'so and so' ~ Randy Rogers... Bleu Edmondson... Jason Boland... Blue October... Cross Canadian Ragweed... STONEY... WALT... etc and from time to time someone would say that and my response would be quite negative sounding or i'd seem to be blowing them off but in the last three years there truly have been times when i'm just musically saturated and still feeling so much love for what is still so new to me that i just couldn't truly hear anyone new ~ OH and that list of newbies for Lori is SHORT believe me i could keep going... anyway the point i'm trying to make here because i overthink and explain everything... my new LOVE... that i've just in the last three days have truly heard is going to surprise many because they are not at all new... in fact probably considered pioneers in what has affectionately been termed OKOM ~ THE GREAT DIVIDE ~ some of my favorites...

'i got a trustin heart
i wear out on my sleeve
it’s gotta a knack of trusting lies
and wanting to believe
it’s got me in so much trouble
so many times before
i put it next to my diamond ring
that i keep in my dresser drawer...' ~ Diamond Ring

'i'm a bundle of fear
i'm a pile of doubts
but i hope through the fear
and i pray it all works out
cause it always does
when it rains sometimes it floods...' ~ Floods


'i have known people
they've had it all
they live their lives behind their walls
but mansions and prisons they walk a fine line
some sold their souls out
but i've still got mine

and i'm standin here in the afterglow
my head is spinnin around
i dont ever wanna hear i told you so
cause i aint about to lie down
no my wheels are still spinnin around... ' ~ Afterglow

oh there is SO much more but these are my new three FAVORITES...

2 comments:

  1. my list is shorter than yours, i can assure of that.

    i long for the good old days..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me smile BIGGER than you know. TGD was my 'first' band in OKOM... it's where it all started for me. And still my favorite of all time!
    :)

    ReplyDelete