Thursday, November 09, 2006

so i never 'got'...

the 'little white tank top' song and i actually wrote him off because of it... probably a bit harsh but just not at all a direction i go in when chosing what i want to listen too... and i don't know... i'm a music 'nazi' ~ that's what bwj has called me ~ and it's probably pretty accurate

well I WAS WRONG.. oh my lord ~ i am SO in love with this new cd ~ Long Trip Alone... here is just a sample of why ~ but yeah... Dierks Bentley... he is more real than i originally gave him credit for...

'...so maybe you could walk with me a while
and maybe i could rest beneath your smile
everybody stumbles sometimes and needs a hand to hold
‘cause it’s a long trip alone...' ~ Long Trip Alone

'...and the only thing i know
we all get the chance to go
saints and soldiers...
beggars... kings and renegades
any soul that ever found amazing grace
ain’t no tellin’ who on earth
He might include
in the heaven i’m headed to...' ~ Heaven I'm Headed To

'i came up through the trenches
where we only played for tips and alcohol
you find out what you’re made of
when there ain’t no gold or platinum on the wall...' ~ Band of Brothers.... i've HEARD of A LOT of those guys!

2 comments:

  1. I agree...GREAT CD! It grows on ya!

    (And I wrote him off at first too - at least I'm in good company! ;o) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok.. so I'm jumping on this, too... b/c That Damn White tank top song.. (and I'd like to thank him for the WORST fashion trend, b/c I think it helped move it along, to the girls who wear short skirts and boots.. UGH! really??)

    ok, off soapbox... but yeah, he's one heck of a performer, and just has great songs... I mean, seriously, if someone wants me to come a little closer, baby, and he looks and says it that way, I mean really, who am I to tell him no???

    ReplyDelete