Thursday, June 29, 2006

i'm about to work a crazy schedule...

again but this is important because two years later... the love remains... the smiles are just as big... the memories still make me laugh... the bonds are stronger as we have been through some pretty intense challenges...

4th of July Weekend of 2004 will forever be the time that had the greatest impact on my life ever... i made friends that weekend that will walk with me through the rest of my life period... i have made friends because of that weekend that make me believe in me each and every day... i have felt real true love because of that weekend like i had never felt before

i remember so much... tears in Lainey's Jeep 'cause everyone was singin' along to my music... Randy callin' me out and playing my favorite RRB tune... sittin' poolside drinkin' beer and just laughing and getting to know my new friends... Django Walker hanging out in my hotel room (sorry Gage ;) )... finally hugging Danny and Jesse... my first Bleu Edmondson show ~ i was hooked immediately after that... talking the poor guys ear off in the seat next to me as we were flyin' into Austin 'cause i was so freakin' excited... drinkin' water on an empty stomach and the humilitating ramifications and the GENUINE LOVE that i was shown because of it... shakin' so very hard waiting at the airport for my ride that i'm surprised i didn't fall over... voicemails welcoming me to Texas...

and the people that i truly fell in love with that weekend... who show me each and every day that life is perfect... that i deserve to be happy and that i'm not as insane as the rest of the world may think... thank you and that's not enough but it'll have to do

as y'all celebrate this weekend... remember that one for a minute and have a beer or whatever with me... i love you all very much

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:49 AM

    Ya'll know why I'm leaving


    Maybe one day we can get the same crowd together and have another go around at Hills. To this day I don't think I have ever laughed that hard. Wonder how the spicy food guy is doing.

    Maureen was in Austin. No love for Gage. Grrrr

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will never forget that weekend... I thought about it the other day, actually.... and this year, I have no plans... BUT I will be talking to angels with Kate's hubby, Chris... it will be fabulous! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was the best 4th of July Weekend EVER. I love you. So so much. We had a better time in those 3 days than most people have in a year, and I can't wait to do it again. I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:15 PM

    I feel so very lucky to even be alive after the car ride to Hill's Cafe. I have never laughed so hard while driving...yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha... no... less you forget.. the TOILETS were laughing at you... hee hee hee hee hee...

    ReplyDelete
  6. **sigh**

    i miss you my sweet lori...your post reminded me of the first time i met you in austin....

    ReplyDelete