Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Fireworks...

are my favorite thing ~ i just love them... i got to see some last night and it was pretty cool... we have a back fire exit and it's normally kept closed but we opened it as the fireworks started and the dining room could see the fireworks... PERFECTLY and as i stood there watching i was surprised at my emotions... i think i went through them all ~ and a large part of this is because i am absolutely exhausted... but also because i hadn't seen fireworks... not a real display i don't believe in two years... and the last time i saw them... was the best time ever and i can't imagine any ever comparing again...

Pat had just finished playing... they intro'd with Mr. Ray Charles singing God Bless America... then proceeded to play Mr. Stevie Ray Vaughn's Star Spangled Banner... i stood with June, Renee, Amy, Christie.... and we just let the tears come because it was well for me at least... absolutely perfect ~ and i'm quite certain that a Fourth of July will never be able to compare... i will have ones that will be special for their own reasons...

i hope none of your Fireworks this Fourth of July were duds!

4 comments:

  1. **sigh**

    i still have my bandana...the one Jack signed...i kinda had forgotten about that part till just now for some reason...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:00 PM

    I worked. I did see some as I was walking in. Can't remember the last real display I saw was...maybe at the ballpark with Renea?? hmmm

    I do remember seeing you girls jumping around dancing on TV that night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that night as well... it was dang near close to a perfect fireworks show... definitely still #1 in my books too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't see any this year, but I remember those as if it were yesterday! pretty darn near perfect!!! Golden, even! Love you and Miss you!

    ReplyDelete