Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Perspective...

i got some yesterday ~ 'You make the best chocolate milk shakes i've ever had'

a little girl told me that last night ~ she was with her parents and they were my first customers in the restaurant... i had a day with too much time in my own head and was happy to go to work to get out of it for a bit and this precious child with bangs she had recently trimmed herself looked at me with her baby browns and the biggest smile and said that...

SLAM ~ world is set right again... for me it's really that simple and all i need ~ i don't need sofas, brass beds, pots and pans, etc... give em all to GoodWill

slowly but surely piece by piece i am building my new life and she reminded me of that just when i needed it...

In Your Time ~ Bob Segar

'feel the wind and set yourself the bolder course
keep your heart as open as a shrine
you’ll sail the perfect line

and after all
the dead ends and the lessons learned
after all the stars have turned to stone
there’ll be peace across the great unbroken void
all benign in your time
you’ll be fine...in your time'

2 comments:

  1. That reminds me of something one of our favorite people once said: Love is love, family is family and money is paper.

    It's all just stuff, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your strength and beauty never cease to amaze me. I love you dearly!

    ReplyDelete