Sunday, August 07, 2005

i fell hard today...

for a new man ~ he is GORGEOUS and completely perfect in everyway!!!!

KC Gregory Gordon Achilles ~ born 8/7/2005 at 7:14am weighing 7lbs 15ozs 21 inches long...

my baby sister had a baby today ~ of the two of us... the fact that i've been a mother for nine years already and she hasn't is just well hilarious really ~ she is supposed to be a mother... so many of us that have children ~ when we were first breaking in these new shoes... well we would go to her for advice as crazy as it may sound if there is a gene or whatever she GOT IT!

my babies are thrilled to have their new cousin... it's a situation like this that you really get a glimpse inside their little heads... my 9 year old daughter overheard me say that KC was a little early and she asked me in a panic ~ 'Like Jessica mom?' ~ one of my bestfriends had a baby last year four months premature that was called home shortly after her birth... 'No Jordan just a few days early he is going to be just fine.'

my four year old son was so excited and confused about his new cousin he was strutting around 'I have a new cousin... i'm a big cousin... i'm a little brother... i have a little cousin... i'm a big brother... wait Mom ~ what am i?' and then at the hospital he looked at his sister 'Where is your new cousin? This one is mine!'

what a truly blessed day!

oh and the iPod music God decided i needed to hear this on the way to meet him...

Feels Like Home ~ performed by Chantal Kreviazuk

'if you knew how lonely my life has been
and how long I've felt so alone
if you knew how I wanted someone to come along
and change my life the way you've done...'

for my sister because today her life has been forever changed!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear of the GREAT NEWS!!!! I can't wait to see pictures! I hope your babies are doing just as well... Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:38 AM

    Feels like home has been a favorite song of mine for so long! I love you Lori! So glad you could be blessed with another person to love and and love you!

    Melinda Ann

    ReplyDelete