Wednesday, August 30, 2006

'how you doin' baby?'

that's what Larry says to me every time he comes in to start his shift... i can count on it... like i count on the fact that Jordan has blue eyes... Jake has brown eyes and my dog will come out of the bathroom as soon as she hears me walk in the door (don't ask) and for the first time in a LONG time when he said it i said 'Fantastic... Lar how are you?'

and he looked at me with this look... this man has only known me a little over a year but he has me figured out better than most... and he says 'Really... 'cause i almost believe you.' and i said 'Yeah really... i've decided it's all in the twist... sometimes you get yourself so focused on something that you can't see anything else and if you twist just a little bit and change your view ~ boom Life is Perfect again and you can in fact breathe... you do in fact feel loved... and if you choose you never have to look in that same direction again.'

He looked at me... with this smile that he has that is just so soothing... and says 'I like that life philosophy... I'm going to keep that thank you.'

Your welcome... and if it helps anyone else... well there you go

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:57 AM

    Tell Larry hello and that I am craving another lobster.

    Tell Tommy I am still losing the weight from the fried platter piled sky high he made me.

    And what was the guy's name that wanted me to watch a fat girl pee and kicked everyone's shins???

    BRING SOME FAT ANGEL BEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete