Wednesday, December 26, 2007

‘Mama… mama….MAMA..’

...my son comes running in the kitchen of my dear friend Lisa’s house last night… with all kinds of urgency in his voice… ‘What… what… Jake WHAT is it?’

‘THIS is the BEST Christmas EVER’

and he goes running right back out on to whatever it was he had been doing after givin’ his ‘Aunt Lisa’ (he just started callin' her that) a hug on the way out…

we had an orphan Christmas dinner last night… a bunch of people that didn’t have a lot of family in town… we got together… good food… beer… a HILARIOUS White Elephant… it was the perfect evening

my kids were spoiled just enough to have ‘the best Christmas ever’ but not so much that the meaning of the day was missed… as evidenced when we were in the car on the way to Lisa’s ~ I’m giving the standard… mind your manners… you were allowed to bring selected items as long as YOU SHARE… say your sirs… m’ams… pleases… thank yous… etc ~ my son says ‘Of course mom… Christmas is all about kindness and friendship!’

so my daughter was bumped up into the BEST gift ever category when she presented me with a wax molding of her own little hand with her fingers making the PEACE sign… she went to Six Flags last month… with HER OWN money she paid to have that made for me and she’s kept it stashed away from me… GOOD STUFF right there…

there was of course a *hiccup* doesn’t even merit mentioning… but it was just enough to keep life in perspective…

No comments:

Post a Comment