Sunday, December 16, 2007

a year ago...

i was sharing a room... with my son... in my parents attic... i had a job i enjoyed but it was going nowhere... and i actually was about over the restaurant BS... i loved my customers but the rest of it was just out of control... while i was about to move and i knew things were going to be better i had NO clue how really... i just knew that i was going to put all that i had in my car and get here... i had a roof over my head... i knew how i was going to pay for that and honestly... well i just knew i was resourceful enough that i would find a way to make it all work... i truly came to dallas with 'a dollar and a dime' and not much more than that except for A LOT of faith that this was the right thing and it would all take care of itself

seriously... i was just born to be here... i can't explain it in any other way... i had so much to move for already between the already established friendships and my love for a bunch of talented artists that make their living playing here... i knew that my quality of life would most surely improve without a doubt... and i'm so blessed for all the time that i have got to spend with the ones i love the most and all the amazing shows i've seen this year not to mention that i've got to share this with my children which just means more to me than i have words to express

ok.. so i had my office holiday party last night... now a year ago i didn't even know most of these people and now they feel like family because we spend so much time together and we love and take care of each other as such... again i have truly been blessed to be embraced by a group of people that genuinely celebrate me and i am sincerely excited to go to work each and everyday... well last night i was named Newcomer Employee of the Year ~ i don't even know what to say... i don't know that i have ever in my life felt so loved and blessed and i just truly was completely overwhelmed by it all...

i hope that the holiday season brings joy and blessings beyond your imagination to all of you that continue to hold my hand through this crazy life of ours... its been nice walkin' with y'all for awhile and not feelin' like your carrying me

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the award Lori! That is awesome. I'm SO glad you can now call Texas home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you're over the "love you" thing...but I really do love you! And I know a lot more people do, too! Thank you for moving so close to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:39 AM

    Congrats Lori!! And we're all so glad you now share this greawt state of Texas with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:12 AM

    This made me smile...I can totally relate

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete