Monday, December 03, 2007

Saturday night..

so what may be lost on anyone that regularly reads this but doesn't know me really well... this latest love of Reckless Kelly for me is something that so many told me for so long that i 'should' have... i can't even count how many times i've heard 'what do you mean you haven't listened... you would so love them' ~ and many tried... i guess before i just wasn't in the right place and in my defense... ish ~ when i first came upon what we call OKOM... it was all so completely new to me and there was SOOO much to hear and learn and LOVE

what was different this time... i have NO IDEA... but i guess i was just ready and what they have to sing is what i need to hear and then see...

so i don't remember the setlist in order at all 'cause well it's still all so very new and i'm still takin' it all in... i did get to hear EVERY song that i have come to know and love... which i've been told is truly lucky as some they don't do that often anymore

what i loved the most is their energy on stage ~ what makes me love a band live is if you can truly see that they love what they do... and they were totally having fun and just playin' and jammin' ~ non stop!!! for me at a show... i don't need any between song banter by the band... sure i love an acoustic show and the stories that are told in the environment... but just to chat too much at a show... well ok not to be rude but mostly my experience is that they aren't paid to be comedians for a reason ok... and while the inside band jokes may be fun for the band ~ if they have to have fun with each other on stage then the audience isn't giving them what they need in my opinion... if that makes any kind of sense at all

anyway... Reckless Kelly doesn't do that too much... they interact JUST enough with each other to be a band and feed the audience the sounds that we came to hear the most and it was just AWESOME

AND THEIR FANS... oh my HECK ~ i didn't get beer spilled on me once... i wasn't shoved or knocked by some rude drunk person... i haven't heard an audience sing so loud in a VERY long time ~ oh and to EVERY SONG... while there was a few of well ok... i'm not in my 20s anymore... i don't dress to impress anyone... so there were a few of those unlike me lol ~ mostly it was just people that were there to just see and hear their favorite band... not to be seen by anyone... i got to experience all of this with some of my favorite girls in the world and of course that always makes everything better...

i loved 1952 Vincent Black Lightening as much as i knew i would... their rendition of Run Run Rudolph was fun ~ oh and David i believe his name is AMAZING on the guitar... i think the crowd may have been louder than Willy for Wicked Twisted Road... Helter Skelter was a nice surprise and the reason i LOVE live shows the most the little gems like that they throw in... Break My Heart tonight is just a genius song i swear...

and *sigh* Vancouver...

'and now i'm packing it up and rolling on out for Vancouver...
for some wasted youth and fresh set of lonely stars
and i'm wondering baby, if you ever saw the best of us
and i wonder what you're doin'... and i wonder where you are...'

ok... glad i have this in my life

4 comments:

  1. I got chills reading that. And not because its 32deg outside (and might be in this office too)...

    So glad you finally came around to our side ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew when I looked over and you had "the look" in your eyes...I didn't even have to say anything to you...I just knew you loved them, and it made me smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:21 PM

    oh oh! What's that saying?

    'when the student is ready, the lesson appears'

    Finally!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the club, love.

    ReplyDelete