Friday, January 04, 2008

2008

You can patch holes in the walls… you can replace broken picture frames… you can buy new tvs… vacuums…. Clean up the shattered glass…

And you can do all of that in a very short amount of time…

The damage that you do to a young heart… and the trust that is broken… the respect that is lost… the confidence that is shattered… the nightmares that follow… FIXING ALL that… well it takes a lot more time… patience…understanding… strong arms to hug her… and LOVE

So the year has not started off with the kind of bang I had hoped for… but once again after pickin’ up the pieces… I’m still standing strong… and good LORD that is something.

1 comment:

  1. Oh girl, I am sorry for the rough start...I too have some shattered pieces, but well...me? I keep it all in till I cant anymore and then I explode. I suspect that will come any day now.

    Keep your chin up! Come to Houston to see me!!

    And hows that elliptical coming along???

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete