Wednesday, September 27, 2006

so i consider myself spiritual...

not so much religious... i am Christian... i read the Bible and i believe that there is so much that one can gain to help them along their path from doing so... i don't so much find any of what i need from a building that has been built for people to come together once a week or a few times a year to feel better about themselves and their lives ~ if that statement offends you... you are NOT who i am referring to

i find what i need... when i walk in the woods and i see two wide eyed doe looking back at me trying to decide to run or just stand really still... when i'm driving along the road and come up over a knoll to see the new colors on the hillside that are just screaming to be noticed with their fiery reds and bright yellows... when i'm in a sea of happy people ~ singing along to some song that makes them feel for a few minutes like whatever may be going on in their life just truly doesn't matter... the gift to make a group of people feel like to me that is where God's Grace Shines...

i wear these rings around my neck... until about two months ago i had four... things that i feel are lacking in my life... that i seek all the time... that i strive for ~ i gave away my Grace to someone who needed it that day more than me... and in doing so... well i do feel it more now... i gave away my 'ounce of peace' to one who helps me find it everyday ~ in a way i have cheated on that... i wear a ring... like a string to not forget... around my finger 'cause i'm not any closer to feeling at peace on a consistent level... baby steps

so the other two... Courage... Harmony ~ still hang in their spot... helping me remember

well i had a customer notice them the other day and he asked me if i consider myself a Christian... and handed me a Bible and told me that what i seek can also be found there... yes i know... it's little... the Bible he gave me... and it has a cheat sheet in the front to help you in times of very specific needs... PEACE that's what i seek... so last night i looked it up at a time when i could have made a different choice that would have been bad... and this is what i found

'These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have Peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.' ~ John 16:33

yeah... ok... perfect

1 comment:

  1. oh Lori, the things I could say that the Good Book have done for me...

    if you've never read the Bible, maybe, just maybe if you find the time, just start with the New Testament...i have a study Bible that helps me figure some of the passages out.

    i dont know how all these self help authors get away with it.

    all one needs is the Bible. If that cant help someone, i dont know how Men are from Mars is gonna do it.

    i heart heart you.

    ReplyDelete