Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Quote of a Lifetime for me...

"You have the freak flag... you just don't fly it. " ~ Ben Stone from The Family Stone

the way i see things... most of the people that i come into contact with... friends... family and the likes... well that's their deal... instead of embracing their freakiness... they try and hide it... cover it up with the right clothes... pack it away in their perfectly put together ponytail or underneath their ballcap... keep it inside behind tight lipped smiles...

i however... fly my freak flag pretty high... and encourage my children to do the same... and in fact i encourage everyone that will listen to let it all out... there is never any judgement in my world... no need or time for it... i am very aware of the fact that it is not even close to a perfect world we are living in... i'm not walking the straightest line... and i don't expect anyone else too... in fact i worry about those that think they might be for fear of what the realization that life is about the imperfections will do to them

so this was my sunshine today... i poked my head out and decided a funny flick might do the trick... WELL let me give you a disclaimer here ~ The Family Stone... is not quite the comedy that it was played off to be in the trailers and such... but it is a very moving film and i did enjoy it very much...

slightly different note... the grumpiness turns out to have been self induced... three days no caffeine ~ after four Coke Zeros... i have decided that for me.... Caffeine is in fact necessary...

No comments:

Post a Comment