Tuesday, January 24, 2006

i believe in Soul Tribes...

i found this and since someone else has said what i mostly feel...

"I have no answers; however, I do have a theory of my own. I have a friend who introduced me to the theory of a soul tribe. To her, there are many people who have important connections to us, karmic connections, if you prefer to use that term. To her, these people constitute our soul tribe.

In adapting this idea, I feel that we can have what the popular press seems to call or identify as a soulmate relationship with many different persons who are in our soul tribe. Perhaps in a lifetime, we may run into five, ten, or twenty different persons who are members of our soul tribe, and, under the right circumstances, we could have an intense, karmic, soul-shattering relationship with any one of them, or, with several of them, in some cases." ~ by Nina Lee Braden

and i'll elaborate on that to say also that members in my Soul Tribe are not exclusively of the opposite sex... they are mostly the people that have walked with me on this path of life and they understand me in ways that few do... they have seen me at my most vulnerable and know the place that i am at because for the most part we have all been there together... the promise of forever from the ones that are in my 'soul tribe' are true and real and more importantly unspoken because we just know that we are always connected by something stronger than us... we were brought together by the most random of circumstances which leads me to believe without question that there were higher forces working for us to be sure that we all found the ones that we needed to hold our hands and sometimes our fragile hearts even

1 comment:

  1. i am glad you posted this.

    because i too, feel that the majority of my soulmates are of the female persuasion.

    we just understand each other.

    ReplyDelete