Sunday, March 18, 2007

at 2pm i had changed my mind...

i wasn't even gonna go ~ too much stress... work was NUTZ... i was feeling like i was letting down the world... i hadn't even considered another option until it was presented... but it was too late... and it was friday of spring break... i would have needed to arrange a sitter so much earlier than the night before... anyway... i felt so BAD... 'cause i miss him SO much ~ ugh anyway

so 'get off work... get the kids... get your ass up here' ~ PERIOD... there was no wiggle room in that... and so i did

thank the LORD in HEAVEN... and nothing helps clear my mind like a drive.. in my truck... with my music... it's the best for me...

so good news #1... we pull in and immediately my girls are there... but wait 'who's the dude with them' ~ YAYAYAYAYAYA!!!! that was awesome!!! and such a BIG surprise

the place was packed... and hot ~ yeah the sweatshirt was not the best idea i'm sure... but anyway... there comes a point in every night like this one where everything make sense and all is how it should be for me..

so they take the stage... oh my heck... i can't even help it... how much i love this artist... i had thought at one point that i might make the legendary trifecta out of this week... well that wasn't happening... we'll see what the summer brings perhaps when the kids are away... it will be easier for these kinds of things but first ALWAYS first are my babies and it wasn't the right time for that

anway... song after song... i can feel my smile... it's just the best... and there was so many times 'i can't believe he's playin' this' ~ Downtown... Texas Moon... Satisfied... SPIRIT IN THE freakin SKY... everytime i see him i don't think it will ever get any better than the last show... and it always does... just better and better

and have you ever truly watched them on stage.... not the show ~ that's not what i mean... but their faces... 'cause see they are looking out into a mirror and you can TELL they love what they see when the crowd is responding to them doing what they love the most ~ it's BEAUTIFUL one of my favorite things to witness if they are the type of artist that truly recognizes how great it can be... and he truly is ONE of those

then after ~ oh the after... 'come on let's go talk to him' ~ 'no i really don't want or need to do that' ~ 'yes you do... he needs to talk to the ones like you' ~ safe to say i walked away from that exchange... feelin' pretty great ~ and apparently we were the cool kids... 'cause they were all hangin' out with us after ~ i love that!!! and i'm gettin' better at it...

k ~ stoney's face when i told him 'oh no my daughter's name is jordan...' and that laugh that he has... PRICELESS

my friends ~ *sigh* ~ MY FRIENDS... thank you for sharing that with me ~ i truly am BLESSED to know you and to get to spend time with you and well you know...

'Let me tell you... that I love you... one more time...' ~ Oklahoma Breakdown... Stoney rox that song FOR REAL!!!

3 comments:

  1. you just gotta love some Oklahoma Breakdown...gosh i love that new song!

    and yes, oh my heck...Texas Moon...how I love me some Texas Moon and my Lori..

    your smile and your passion for this thing that brought us together a few years back now make everything worth it.

    each and every time i get to see you its almost like the first time...you ARE where you belong and Texas is a better state because of it.

    love you to bits and pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to have more moments like these... friends like you truly make my world a better place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm losing these moments, or atleast, I'm losing who I used to be when I got to enjoy them... It's depressing and sad to remember who I used to be...

    sorry.. not trying to take this away from you... I'm glad that if I can't get this anymore that someone like you truly will get this ALWAYS...

    I honestly think I'm losing my edge, or atleast standing there waiting to fall off...

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete