Tuesday, February 13, 2007

so in being silly last night…

i made a comment about the fact that i divide my life in two segments… pre Stoney and post Stoney ~ and because i’m well me… i’ve spent the better part of the last 15 hours overthinkin' that statement…

it was in april i believe… plans had just been finalized for the kids to go be with their dad for six weeks and i was sad… terrified of being away from them for too long… doing what i do… surfin’ the net… listening to music ~ i was still pretty reserved about the internet so mostly i was listening to the one who brought me to it all… lurkin’ on a few websites that i had been checking out not sure what to really think even though everything i felt was that it was safe… so big announcement… picnic in the Park… in Austin… what the heck… i’ve got nothing better to do… i've got no reason to be ‘home’ ~ booked a trip…. a hotel… bought a ticket to the show… and THAT was the day that my life changed… that’s when the line was drawn

k… back to last night ~ that song i wrote about… well before that line was drawn ~ i had no one in my life that i could have said… ‘oh listen to this… it does… that thing that it does for me… ‘~ before i would have just been left with this overwhelming ache… the need to share something and there was just never anyone there ‘cause i’ve always been the one who ‘gets a little crazy’ about music… but now not only do i have people that i can share that with… but it grew to more… see the thing about this passion is that it is such a big part of who i am… way beyond just music but how it affects the way i perceive life in general the way i react to situations… the choices i make… the way i interact with people…the way i raise my kids… just everything…

so here it is almost three years later… the road has been well what the road of life is… full of peaks and valleys… uturns… too much construction and congestion at times… and days when you feel like you could just go forever ‘cause there truly seems to be nothing in your way ~ and through all of it… in this ‘after’ life… you have all held my hand at the very least on the best of days... carried me through on the days when it was just too much for one to handle on her own… you believe in me… you celebrate me… you tolerate me… so on this day before the one I don’t celebrate anymore ~ outside of a little something for the two halves of my heart… today I give you my thanks for the love and the friendship that you overwhelm me with each and everyday… you are all forever my valentines’ and I’m blessed for that

music may be the reason i came... but the people they are the reason that i stayed...

2 comments:

  1. I swear, we should buy stock in kleenex.. lol

    Loves ya bunches!!!
    Give them Babies lots of hugs and kisses for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. honey, you can throw up in my car anytime! haha... I still love you, and ALWAYS will!

    ReplyDelete