Friday, February 03, 2006

'What is happiness to you?'

Vanilla Sky is one of my favorite movies... and that line as simple as it is always get me thinking... and the answer is another line in the movie ~ 'The little things... there's nothing bigger, is there?'

we go through life essentially alone... no matter how many people we meet and how many friends we have or how close to our family we are... at the end of the day in the quiet just before sleep... in that moment when i take inventory it's all on me ~ to look at everything honestly and evaluate the direction ~ am i moving toward happiness... am i moving toward anything at all even or just kind of stalled...

well my inventory right now definetly includes happiness... happiness like i've never imagined possible and i've had moments of great happiness in the last two years ~ the difference this time is that the level of happiness is more well rounded ~ if that makes sense... its not just one of the aspects that makes me well... me that is being celebrated... it's all of them... the mother... the friend... the music lover... the adventurer... the thinker... the terrified little girl... the traveller... the dreamer...

i'm completely overwhelmed by it all right now so i'm focusing on putting one foot in front of the other... on solid ground

1 comment:

  1. It makes me happy that you are happy! I love you Lori! :)

    ReplyDelete