Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Perspective...

it's a really odd thing isn't it ~ how we perceive things... successes and failures particularly ~ i've never been one to measure success in means of anything that is tangible... in fact i don't think that my success will be able to be determined until the end of my days ~ will my children be happy, productive, compassionate... will all that i have loved in my life know that i loved them and wanted great things always for them... if i could help those in their time of need ~ did i... if i could share in someone's time of great happiness... did i... and will i finally feel that ever elusive grace and peace ~ those are the things i look for to identify my success

and failures... well i've screwed up enough for a few lifetimes already in my terms ~ which is where this thought came from 'cause someone that knows me best said to me last night that comparitively speaking i haven't screwed up anything... well ok ~ but seriously it's all about perspective ~ isn't it...

on 12/27/05 ~ i gave myself a clean slate... and i have been really good for the last few months on making the right choice each and every time i was faced with something that was conflicting or frightening or overwhelming... i see my life going in a very positive... very realistic direction and for that i'm so extremely grateful

and my love affair with the man in the yellow hat was rekindled today... LOVED Curious George... and the soundtrack is fantastic

Supposed To Be ~ Jack Johnson

'Maybe it's up with the stars
Maybe it's under the sea
Maybe it's not very far
Maybe this is how it's supposed to be...'

No comments:

Post a Comment