Sunday, October 30, 2005

My smile yesterday...

came from running into ~ almost literally ~ my bestfriend from High School... we haven't seen each other in over five years and being back has obviously made me think a lot about him...

The two of us got ourselves into some of the dumbest situations two people could come up with ~ however we never got in trouble and we always ended up laughing like crazy when it was over... I have missed him and wondered where in this big world the Army had taken him ~ well turns out here ~ he's a recruiter and will spend the last five years of his enlistment before retiring here in town so we have promised to get together soon and catch up... his son and mine are the same age how great it would be if the next generation walked a similar path as ours and they grew to be great friends as well...

After our sophomore year we went to camp together... my favorite song that summer ~ drove him crazy 'cause he had to hear it over and over and OVER again... which reminds me at camp we played the largest game of duck, duck, goose ever and the clutz i am fell well we hadn't had a lot of rain that summer so the grass was dry... i more slid than fell i guess and it took all the skin off my leg ~ the nurse at the camp took me to the local hospital ~ i know but it was really that bad ~ i got back later that night and he was there playing this song waiting for me and worried...

Take It To the Limit ~ Eagles

"and when you’re looking for your freedom
nobody seems to care
and you can’t find the door
can’t find it anywhere
when there’s nothing to believe in
still you’re coming back, you’re running back
you’re coming back for more

so put me on a highway
and show me a sign
and take it to the limit one more time"

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is so wonderful! I am so glad that you found each other again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how perfect!!! you know Wade and the 84 boys are singing that song at their shows now, right? love you! seriously mean it, and I'm glad you got the chance to smile!

    ReplyDelete