Friday, October 21, 2005

Because I've lost touch...

with me so here we go...

1. i was born in New England.
2. a small town in Massachusetts
3. i lived in Vermont until i was 18
4. i grew up in Virginia
5. got my heart broke in California
6. was made whole again in Texas
7. i have hazel eyes
8. i don't like them ~ that's not a color
9. i've never had a nickname but those who are closest call me Lor
10. i trust too easily
11. until you burn me... then i'll never trust you again
12. i never capitalize i ~ it's a self esteem thing i'm sure
13. i used to be really fat
14. i was hiding
15. now i’m cold
16. i gave birth to the two people i have the most fun with
17. one of my most favorite things to do walk in the woods
18. with my dog
19. i am consistently 30 minutes late ~ except to work
20. if you really want to understand me listen to my iPod
21. i love soap operas... my life seems manageable in comparison
22. i'm living "in love"
23. but i'll never marry again
24. and i am fine with that.
25. i need music more than food, as much as air or water
26. until five months ago i didn’t think i needed another human being
27. now that need terrifies me
28. i’ve been a disappointment to every person that has ever cared about me
29. i’m trying to fix that now
30. it’s the hardest thing i’ve ever done
31. Archie Bunker makes me laugh.
32. Justin Furstenfeld makes me feel alive.
33. Harry Chapin makes me cry
34. Pat Green makes me smile
35. Rob Thomas keeps me sane
36. Walt Wilkins makes me feel understood.
37. Stoney Larue makes me feel naked.
38. Bleu Edmondson sings my song.
39. he didn’t even know me when he wrote it
40. i say i don’t like sports ‘cause i can’t handle the heartbreak that accompanies being a sports fan
41. i don’t like food
42. yet i love serving others their food
43. i like beer
44. i like to smoke ~ i know i’m sorry but i’m being honest
45. i can’t dance
46. i love to sing
47. but not in public
48. i am a true Gemini
49. the Full Moon makes me MORE hyper
50. i have only truly felt home in two places in my life
51. neither are where i live
52. i am very lucky that my forever friend loves me ~ in spite of me
53. i took medication to try and calm a monster inside me
54. i think it fed it
55. now i calm the monster inside me
56. most of the time
57. for the first time in my life i have real ‘girlfriends’
58. i miss them every day
59. i don’t think i’ll ever want to go to college
60. i am terrified of islands
61. before the tsunami i always called it an irrational fear
62. i love to read
63. i don’t get to do it enough
64. i’m jealous of those who write well
65. when i’m frustrated i have a terrible time articulating my feelings
66. i have days where i trip over the air in the room
67. i have days where i walk on air
68. i’d rather always just always feel the ground firm beneath my feet
69. i used to think my passion for music was unnatural
70. i know that i was wrong
71. i wish some of those around me would understand that
72. i’ve been told by too many that i have nice feet
73. i don’t like people looking at my feet or any other part of me for that matter
74. they are average and they are real
75. no NOT my feet
76. Green is my favorite color ~ every shade
77. Red is unnerving
78. i assign colors to everything
79. i can give advice but only if I think you’ll really hear it
80. i should take most of my own advice
81. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday
82. St. Patrick’s Day is a very close second
83. i don’t like Christmas at all
84. Clay Pigeons is the most real song i’ve heard in a long time
85. i have no patience
86. Gage is really good at being a best friend
87. i’m glad he picked me
88. Caller Id is the best invention of the modern era
89. i like to drive
90. long distances with the music up loud to clear my head
91. i am not at all crafty
92. i like doing laundry
93. i don’t like doing dishes
94. i work out hard because in my life the shape of my body is all I feel in control of
95. i live in Vermont again
96. i’m grateful that I have a place to live where I am safe
97. i have no life here
98. i will leave again
99. i want to live in Texas
100. and not just for the music

2 comments:

  1. you have never disappointed me, and I care for you more than you know. I have been sad for you b/c I know you have short changed yourself in the past, but YOU know YOU can and have fixed it before. Bless you for being honest, and making me feel like I'm ok and up there in the realm of it all....

    Love You!

    (I've begun making my list.... )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was just beyond words Lori!!! I loved it...now I am crying!! ((((HUGS))))

    ReplyDelete