Monday, December 01, 2008

A little piece of heaven…

Came down to visit here on earth last night in the form of Micky Braun, Willy Braun, Stoney Larue and Jeremy Watkins… for most that read this… I just typed a GINORMOUS mouthful.

As great as I knew it could be… it was better!!! First of all if you missed it somewhere ~ Stoney acoustic pretty much sets my world straight in about every way possible. So when he broke out into… 'I am a lineman from the county…' *sigh* ~ see THAT’s what I love about Stoney acoustic… sure we get Solid Gone… One Chord Song…Down in Flames… all the songs from Stoney that we love ~ but he never fails to throw in a little gem or two that he loves and wants to share with us… or remind us of the greatness that came before…. And for the second time in four days… ‘will you miss me in Carolina… will I miss you in Tennessee..’ brought just this overwhelming sense of peace… see I had put my iTunes on shuffle on Thanksgiving and it came on first ~ well the best part of that is it’s from a cd that I thought I had ‘lost’ so that was GREAT news!

Micky and Willie ~ where do I start… well okay first of all… they are my newest favorites… so many of you had said to me over the years… really why don’t you like Reckless Kelly or what do you mean you don’t get Micky and the Motorcars… I am pretty sure at this point it was just timing, see I’m still relatively new to all of this… I’ve only just been listening to Pat for well almost 6 years ~ so I just needed time to take it all in

Watching them last night… well ok they are brothers and you can just see that they are from the same cloth… it was during Oasis… Micky singing along… turned over his guitar to add a bit of percussion to the song… there was something going on during that song that was just awesome in the most real sense of the word.

I don’t get to nearly the number of shows that I would like too… life sometimes gets in my way but I believe… and I think many will agree… it’s hard to find someone that has a better time than I do truly enjoying the music that is giving to us during the show.

So the four hours of sleep that I didn’t get last night… the red eyes that I have today... it’s all worth it for the permagrin that I’m wearing. It was the beginning of a month of shows that well truly it’s like the music powers that be have said… you’ve had enough… leave it to us for awhile… Blue October this Thursday… Bleu on Saturday… 12 Man Jam Sunday… Josh Grider & Drew Kennedy on the 13th… PAT GREEN on the 20th…

And she’ll exhale… for real

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:06 PM

    sounds perfect, I'm so jealous.

    MK

    ReplyDelete