Friday, December 05, 2008

'Your so pretty...your all so pretty'

and when Justin says that i know exactly what he means... and i LOVE being in that place most of all... at a Blue October show... don't get me wrong Stoney acoustic is right up there as being one of my most favorite places...

i realized something last night though... at a Blue October show... EVERYONE is equally paying attention... singing along... jumping around... just truly being present in the event at hand... all grateful for the honesty that they display with how they write... not afraid to be brutal or sensitive or angry or sad or joyful...

Justin smiled a dozen smiles last night... and the grace that he displays on stage is awe inspiring...

you know... so many of us live a broken life ~ and i don't mean that we are walking around feeling sorry for ourselves for the trials that we've endured... but that we wear our scars without shame from where they came from... last night we all just celebrated where we have been... delighted in where we are... and got excited about where we are going...

the setlist was impeccable... so much of what I love the most... and just enough of what's to come that we can't wait for March... and with the new album is the promise of many more nights like last night... and that makes me VERY happy

i have decided that for now... for ALWAYS... my favorite...

...an ounce of peace is all I want for you ~ will you never call again
and will you never say that you love me ~ just to put it in my face
and will you never try to reach me... it is I who wanted space


Hate me today
Hate me tomorrow
Hate me for all the things I didn't do for you
Hate me in ways, yeah ways hard to swallow
Hate me so you can finally see what's good for you

No comments:

Post a Comment