Monday, November 12, 2007

I’ve said this before…

But I do believe that this time I’m sticking to it.

I’m D.O.N.E.

DUDE ~ you have one job… ONE job ~ kick the ball between the uprights… and I don’t want to hear about best ‘clutch’ kicker … 29 yards… that’s a freakin’ GIFT at the level you are currently playing… a clutch is anything over say 45 yards with almost no time on the clock… you make that you’re a hero… you miss it’s heartbreakin’ but still you can be forgiven ~ 29 yards ARE. YOU. KIDDING. ME?!?!?!?!!

So what am I done with… I SUK at being a sports fan… seriously. I get way too upset… I yell not nice things… my heart rate increases to a level that may border on dangerous… and for what… really my life doesn’t change based on the outcome ~ oh wait I do hear from A LOT of people who REALLY love me when my Colts lose…lol

I’m really REALLY good at being a music fan… and you know what ~ even at the worst show I’ve ever been too… the stories to be told after still bring a smile to my face and make my heart happy… Christian summed it up perfectly this morning ‘Musicians hardly throw interceptions or miss 29 yard field goals.’

And along those lines… I got the question yesterday that for some reason I generally dread when asked ‘So how did you get to Texas from Vermont and California?’ ~ now typically when asked this question… I dodge it… I find a way to get out of answering… I only half answer the question… but you know at my son’s birthday party yesterday… I realized ~ mostly I don’t even care what anyone thinks about my decisions… so why the hell would I not proudly say ~ I moved here because I heard a cd one day that lead me to the BEST LIFE a girl could ask for… I defy anyone to meet my friends and know our stories and NOT be jealous because I have been taken care of , put back together and celebrated by the most loving, caring, generous group of people a person could ask for… and yes I follow my passion… ABSOLUTELY… and how lucky am I to have found it… I mean you’ve seen them… the ones who haven’t… the people you pass on the street or in the grocery store… they have forgotten how to smile… the spark has left their eye… their soul is starving… someone told them to grow up so they did thinkin’ that meant leaving all the fun behind and accepting the mundane… ~ i am fortunate to NOT be that person… so from now on… when someone asks… well it’s ONLY my favorite story to tell… hope they really want to hear it!

2 comments:

  1. out of everyone ive met and everyone i know that does the whole OKOM thing, you by far are the only one that does it for the 'right' reasons.

    everyone else (at least in my opinion) does it for so many other reasons that i dont care to go into, myself included all those years ago.

    who cares how you got to texas, or what brought you here. its how its changed your life for the better that is the only thing that should be important.

    love you honey. come to houston sometime please. i cant promise you i will go and hang out with the drunks and such at any show, but i promise to show you a great weekend and to just be girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:41 PM

    I finally made your blog..... I could die now!

    ReplyDelete