Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Are you having fun...

every time i talk to someone they ask me that... before i start ~ YES absolutely i am... but you might not be able to tell if i gave you the run down of my day.

FIRST ~ Joc and Clay's wedding... Fabulous ~ i don't much believe in forever or happy endings but it's starting to change i think ~ this is the second marriage this year that i do believe in so there you go

anyway back to my first point ~ i'm not here this time for music ~ although there will be some... i'm not here for sightseeing or eating too much or running around taking it all in until i'm overfull... i was overfull when i got here ~ and my bestfriend said 'Let us take care of you for awhile.'

i've read two full books and am on my third... we are trying to figure out Lost... i've had a mango martini... i've watched a rather disappointing football game, but it helped break the ice with someone that i needed to feel comfortable with... i have slept ~ long and hard in a home where i feel safe and comfortable... i've been alone with my thoughts to truly take in all that has gone on in the last three weeks and to start sorting it out ~ we've giggled and argued... there have been baby pictures and silly stories of times gone by

i came here needing to breathe and unwind ~ i left my babies in the best possible hands outside of my own and put myself in the hands of one of the ones that i trust the most and i know understands without a lot of words being passed ~ the earth isn't spinning as fast as it was six days ago and for that i am extremely grateful

For my Brother ~ Blue October (or in my case... my best friend)

'...believe you can shine when you're silver
and i promise you gold.
and whenever you're dark inside,
don't let go, no don't let go
remember there's rain
and there's candy
and Christmasy winter snow.
and remember, i love you the same
and i'll strangle your pain

and he tells me to sing
so i sing, and i sing
for my brother who keeps me sane,
and tells me "everything will be o.k." '

3 comments:

  1. and you get a hurricane, too... who said life's nothing but a whirlwind?

    glad I got to see you on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori! You're alive! I miss you and love you.
    Okay, now I'll go read what you posted...I was just so excited to see that you updated I had to say hello right away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're getting some R&R down there Lori!
    Maybe you should just send for the children. ;)

    ReplyDelete