Tuesday, September 06, 2005

the ache in my heart…

and stomach are back again ~ the tears too... AND they showed up early this year even… the pictures from New Orleans reminding me too much of the devastation on that horrific day in 2001 ~ i feel it hard again this year i’m sure because of all that has gone on with me and in our world the last few months that my emotions are running high

in the past i’ve baked and cooked and brought things to our local fire department to say… Thank You... i haven’t forgotten and you are appreciated ~ i’ve tried to give blood… i am not physically able to… this year i feel at a bit of a loss… most of what i have has been given to Good Will or the Salvation Army so I take comfort in the timing on that… money i guess however it just doesnt feel like I’m doing enough to write a check or donate my change or however… i don’t know that there is an enough for me anyway

i keep waiting for it to fade... i didn't lose anyone... i wasn't there... directly my life was not affected ~ but yet my entire outlook was changed and truly i have not forgotten

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:57 PM

    For whatever reason I was not as affected by 9/11 as I have been by this....this hit people where they live, most are poor, they are elderly and they are children and babies....we need to PRAY for all of them. I know I do, every name I hear or face I see on TV and for all of those who are suffering.

    ReplyDelete